Yardi Core is the set of accounting and management functions that exist in Voyager, regardless of your additional add-ons or plugins
Yardi Core is the set of accounting and management functions that exist in Voyager, regardless of your additional add-ons or plugins. Core includes powerful and configurable tools for managing properties and investments.
Financial transactions are processed in Voyager in groups called batches. In order to create a batch, enter batch description information, including the total declared dollar amount of the batch. Individual records can then be added. Benefits of batch processing include:
- Built in controls to double-check data entry – Declared amount must equal total of the individual items entered
- Batches have an automatically generated ID number and creation time/date stamp, making tracking easier
- Batches can be edited, or locked for editing, as needed. Further permissions and controls can be configured on initial setup
- Batches, once approved and posted, become Journal Entries. JEs can additionally be created and posted as a batch
Batches are created for charges, receipts, and payables and have similar data entry requirements.
- Receipting matches an open charge with revenue. Receipts can be created manually in the system if collecting checks or cash; Direct Debit, if set up, creates receipts automatically. Receipts can also be created when revenue is gained from a non-resident entity, such as a vending machine located on a property
- A pre-pay is automatically created if there is no existing matching charge. Prepays need to be associated with an income account, a liability account, and a charge code. Instead, you also have the option to process revenue as a ‘credit’ by creating a corresponding $0 charge
Setting up Vendors in Yardi Core allows your organization to pay people or organizations for goods and services. Vendors have a unique record in the system that contains contact information as well as attributes that control how payments are processed (i.e. who approves payments, check amount limit, et cetera). Workflows can be built around vendor setup and payment approval, limiting the ability to modify crucial financial information to a limited group of employees.
Yardi Core simplifies the Bank Reconciliation process by allowing users to upload bank statements – transactions recorded in the system are automatically matched against the bank’s records. Generating the Bank Reconciliation report will show you what transactions can’t be matched – eliminating the need for careful manual analysis.
Several standard and analytics SSRS reports come pre-loaded into the system (and can be further customized with SQL knowledge). Reports can be shown in screen (which allows you to drill down as needed) or exported to PDF or an Excel spreadsheet/CSV file.
- All required GAAP reports are included, simplifying reporting and the audit process
Properties, or real estate entities, are tied to a unique record in the Yardi Core system that tracks attributes, address, accounting control information, and associated contacts. Accounting control allows you to select the current open Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable month, end of fiscal year, and other accounting-related settings.
- Property Control allows a system administrator to limit transactions per batch, lease term settings, set late fee rules, and control NSF protocols
- Lease documents and denial letters can be setup on a property-by-property basis and can be loaded directly into the system, making generating leases and renewals easy for site staff
Property setup also includes creating buildings and floors. Setting up floors allows users to generate reports based on floors. Yardi is a one-to-many database, meaning that a property can have several buildings, each with multiple floors, and each floor has multiple units. When completing setup, you will create property, unit, and floor codes – each unit in the system will have a unique identifier.
Unit types can be setup to simplify setup of large properties in the system. Unit types act as a template, and can be associated with monthly rent amounts, special unit features, security deposit requirements, and other attributes you might want to track or enter in bulk. Each unit in your property will have a status based on its occupancy or vacancy status.
If a check is in unposted status, you can delete the check by deleting the batch. By deleing the check in the Check Scan Summary
Community Manager Dashboard-> Person Search->Complete Contact Log->Save.